Monday, April 9, 2012

Nudity: Beware! And Easter, too!

Let me begin by explaining my recent lack of posts. I have been busy with school and Easter. It is the end of the semester, and everything is coming due for me and my students, so not only do I have my own work, I have grading to complete. Please forgive and bear with me. 

Now, as for Easter, there was a lot happening! Since I am Catholic, I had lots of Church and prayer time. Also, I attend the Easter Vigil mass at my parish, since this Easter marks six years since I entered the Church at the Vigil. Not only do I enjoy the memory of my Confirmation and First Communion, but I love to see the new people who have decided that the Catholic faith is where they are supposed to be. I get teary, if not cry outright. There were five baptized this year and several more confirmed. It was beautiful, as always.

During the week, we had some people over to visit. One was a lovely lady, a bit more conservative than we are, who commented on the art in our guest bathroom. Photos follow. They are all taken from an art catalog, since I am a poor graduate student and can't afford real art yet. I have them framed in small inexpensive frames from Target (thank you, Ingrid!) I have a few more that I want to put up, but need to get frames for them.
The arrangement on the wall across from the toilet and sink.


I like this one because the model isn't skinny.


This looks like they are on a ship, and that would be very neat to do  one day! 

Do her breasts look strange?
The very lovely, conservative lady commented that some people might find my choice of artwork offensive. I replied that most of our friends wouldn't, and if anyone did, I really didn't care, because I like having naked people in the bathroom with me when I am naked in there.  Then I thought about it later, and I think maybe she was offended. So, I am warning all of you out there in the world, If you are offended by the above artwork, don't expect to pee in my house. Or, know that you will be offended if you need to pee in my house.  That is all. 
Flowers Jeremiah gave me for Easter.

One of our Easter breakfast eggs had a double yolk! What luck!

Space Ghost doesn't want to ride in the basket! She wants to drive!

But she can't figure out how to do it! Poor Kitty!

Belly waits patiently while Spike tries to drive, she wants to run along behind on her leash!

2 comments: