Sunday, May 6, 2012

In the Merry Month of May

Today is my kitten's Birthday. Belly Fiona is now two! When I found her, she was such a sad looking little thing, but now she is healthy and very happy. She loves playing with the old ladies, and with Jeremiah's kittens. I love her very much.
She LOVES to play in shopping bags!

Friday was my Space Ghost's birthday! We have a large contingent of May birthdays in this house.  Spike is now 12, that's 68 in cat years. She mostly likes sleeping in the sun, sleeping on the bed, eating, and cuddling me. She does play occasionally. It's awfully cute, she brings me her 'kill' after tossing & chasing a toy around for a little while, usually in the late evening. She is my true love, and always will be.

Waiting for dinner!

Also, I have had a birthday! I am now 37! I haven't decided yet if I like that or not. But I do like presents! So my fellow TA's gave me one question to grade on the exam we gave on Friday. They each had two.  Also, one bought my lunch for me, broccoli-cheese soup and raspberry fruit drink! Jeremiah's mom sent money, so I've ordered a copy of the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls, both translated into English, though the LXX has the Greek also. I am pretty excited! The website says 4-14 days til delivery. I'm really hoping it's closer to 4! I also got phone calls and cards from family members. There is even a package on the way from my eldest sister! Finally, Jeremiah was sweet, and here is all he got for me:

This is everything! Notice the peacock pictures in the background, I found them at Hobby Lobby & he got them for me. Once I find frames I like they will be on our couch wall.

Close-up of the plates!

I am truly a crazy cat lady!

This is my princess, Spike!

And Belly, my crazy kitten!

Also, this lovely pitcher with a good wooden spoon! I've been wanting a good wooden spoon!

Oh, I almost forgot! For Cinco de Mayo, Jeremiah made a delicious dinner, Chicken Enchilada Casserole. He makes a special enchilada sauce, with fresh jalapenos and tomatoes, Spanish rice, black beans, and seasoned grilled chicken breasts shredded and layered with everything and corn tortillas. And don't forget the cheese! It is heavenly, especially with a bit of sour cream on the side. See how yummy?

He puts extra cilantro on top, because it is my favorite.

So all in all, May has begun well for us. I love all my kitties, and my sweet Jeremiah. Once my hangover goes away, I'll be right as rain!  (No tequila shots ever again!)

2 comments:

  1. Happy May! More tequila! :)
    And DANG! Jeremiah can cook! It looks pretty enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more! And yes, he can! If you ate meat, I'd bring you some!

      Delete