Monday, March 19, 2012

Pad Thai

Can I just say that it was quick & easy? And very yummy!  I took a little to my neighbor, and she said it was amazing! I don't quite agree, I think I'll get better with practice, but it was nothing to turn the nose up at.  I used a recipe I found online at Chez Pim. The Recipe is long, but detailed and easy sounding.  I say the most difficult part was soaking the noodles. I used cool water as another site suggested, but that took forever, so I heated the pot I had them in. Next time I'll use very warm water. I also used cilantro instead of garlic chives, because I LOVE cilantro. The leftovers were good for lunch today!  Jeremiah grilled a bit of salmon, and brushed it with some of the Pad Thai sauce I'd mixed with honey. It was Delicious!
Mmmm!
I served it in big bowls I got inexpensively at an asian market in Atlanta, I should get pics of them, they're kinda cool. Jeremiah likes the yellow one with dragons on it!

Okay, I took pictures!

I like the lotus flower in the red one!

Here they are in their home on top of the fridge with the bread, cereal, and cast iron cookware!  (Do you like my magnet? I do!)
I had hoped to get bowls like I had gotten several years ago in Seattle, but I couldn't find any at the store I was at, but I'll keep looking. They were blue & white and had an interesting texture to them. Someday, I'll have a place where I can actually keep all my stuff in the kitchen area! (preferably cupboards of some sort!)

Now to go back to school work, sad, because I enjoy playing here with you!  

In a few days, or next weekend, I'll take some garden photos, and show off all the yumminess we will enjoy this summer!

Hugs & such!

1 comment:

  1. I love pad thai! Actually, I love most thai food. Sadly it's difficult to find good places to get it here in Augusta. I actually bought some Holy (Thai) Basil yesterday to plant in the garden... Just smelling the leaves transports me to the lovely little Thai cafes I used to frequent in CA. Do you like Tom Kha Gai soup? Travis figured out the recipe for it. It's amaaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete